Back With a Cold


Just got back from another trip to London!

My daughter is graduating 8th grade in May (our baby!) and each kiddo got to pick a trip to anywhere in the world (with a few limits) for their 8th grade gift.

My oldest skied Whistler in Canada for a week, my 2nd son went to Alaska for a week and Izzy picked London --even though she was there 6 months ago.

Why? She is not an adventurous type, she likes schedules, routines, tried-and-true methods - therefore out of all the places she has traveled, London was her favorite (Harry Potter connection? Yes, of course) so back we went!

Sadly, the day we arrived she went down. Sick. Really Sick. For two days she stayed in bed for the most part. Finally she perked up and we squeezed in all the plays, shopping and Harry Potter events that were possible.

Me? I read books and drank tea in the Waldorf Hilton for two days -- not a bad vacation for me at all -- and...well... I ended up in a "Rear Window" type of story.


...maybe through the hotel window I watched an elderly man who lived in the bldg. behind me,
...maybe I know more about him, his routines and his life than I should,
...maybe I was a concerned neighbor,
...maybe I watched him watch TV at night  (he stays up late)
...maybe the police should have been called on me

Maybe, as Izzy said, I'm really "a bit of a creeper."

Who knew what two days alone in a hotel with a sick, sleeping teenager would bring out in me.

I'm as surprised as anyone.

AND

I really miss him.


And now, I have the wicked cold...serves me right



See you soon,

Marla