June! Summer!


After a two week hiatus - I am looking forward to working this summer!

I have been working but not on furniture -

Repainted my old front porch


Painted side door blue


I had a party last Sunday for my son who  graduated High School.

I spent my first week off doing house projects that were long overdue. Having a large house party is the best way to motivate me to actually care about that piece of missing trim or patch that hole in the wall, etc..




Then, this past week, I had my daughter all to myself because everyone else was gone or busy. Although I intended to work, we ended up just hanging out all week and I loved it. We watched all 5 Terminator movies in 5 days - it became a bit of a chore - but we did it.

The trick to relaxing is to set the proverbial "bar" way low. Feeling a sense of accomplishment from watching a movie series is that kind of bar. 
4 out of 5 of us - middle son was doing the lights for the ceremony.

Now - the garage is packed with great stuff that either needs to be cleaned up, touched up or completely refinished. The pickers show up even when I'm not working so I always get behind when I take time off. Then, I feel overwhelmed with the amount of work ahead of me and I procrastinate.


I'm going to take it slow, but I will start posting new items today and ever day for the next 2 weeks until I take off on a trip at the end of the month. I will return mid-July.

Expect to see scattered commentary here and there....like always, summer is a catch-me-if-you-can time!

Wishing you all a great season of sunshine, family and laughter -

See you soon-
Marla